Saint Louis, MO
Parallon is now hiring a Trainer for our St. Louis facility.
As the Trainer you will be responsible for developing and conducting training programs for the Self-pay & Bad Debt Self-pay line that provides staff with the knowledge and skills required to achieve desired levels of performance.
Some travel will be required within the region for ongoing training thereafter.
• College degree or a combination of high school diploma, advanced formal training and related work experience.
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience and progressive responsibilities with hospital/medical business office operations, and/or self-pay & bad debt departments, with demonstrated proficiency with a variety of eligibility advocacy concepts, practices and procedures, and at least 1 year experience in developing and delivering training programs related to this field.
• Experience working with systems such as MagInk and HCLS3 a plus.
• Strong working knowledge of Self-Pay & Bad Debt program guidelines; case management, eligibility screening and data flow processes; patient confidentiality; and medical terminology, practices and procedures.
• Proficiency in instructional design procedures, adult learning theory concepts, training development methods and training delivery practices through demonstrated past successes.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft products (such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio and Publisher) for creating training materials.
• Develop and maintain self-pay & bad debt self pay training programs for the St. Louis facility while adhering to the pre-established standard training curriculum.
• Research and document applicable program(s) and guidelines.
• Document center and facility-specific processes and procedures.
• Coordinate with Training Director and other Self-Pay trainers.
• Convert State program guidelines, center/facility specific process documentation, and technical systems documentation into training materials, following the standard curriculum.
• Develop an implementation training plan and schedule for St. Louis facility in the assigned region based on the implementation timeline.
• Coordinate all training logistics (classroom arrangements, training materials, etc.) and collaborate with the center / facility training point of contact for center / facility orientation and compliance training.
• Assist with systems access setup and testing related to implementations.
• Develop training schedule in coordination with Training Director, regional operations, and regional HR.
• Deliver training to new hires on-site at facility during implementation phase, coordinating with Implementation team.
• Create and administer training evaluations and make recommendations to improve training effectiveness based on feedback. Create training certificates to recognize course completion.
• Use basic assessment, design, development, delivery and evaluation (ADDIE) method when designing and developing training programs.
• Determine length of training, delivery medium, materials and media used; visuals and other test/reinforcement aids based on class participants.
• Keep abreast of training and development research such as learning theory, motivation theory, and new materials, methods and techniques.
• Coordinate with Operations management, conduct follow-up training, monitor ongoing progress and recommend steps to address further development needs, including refresher training and on-the-job transition support.
• Help coordinate manager training and talent development process within region. Recommend additional manager training topics based on assessed needs within region. Assist in developing, customizing or reviewing vendor and in-house training and assist in delivering select manager training courses within region.
• Administer Healthstream training and maintain training records in HR and Titanium systems.
• Monitor and report training progress to Training Director and regional Operations Director.
• Participate in Compliance Committee and conduct audits. Document policy violations and compliance breaches using appropriate compliance forms and communicate to Compliance Officer.
• Exceptional presentation and written communication skills with an ability to effectively communicate concepts, terminology and practices.
• Capable of organizing, developing and delivering training using multiple media, conducting role plays, assessing progress and measuring training effectiveness.
• Demonstrated systems aptitude with a customer orientation and flexibility in work practices.
• Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team.
Parallon is a leading revenue cycle management company serving hospitals and physician practices. Our clients choose us because of the effectiveness of our revenue cycle solutions that address the challenges within revenue cycle management, our strong cultural commitment to patient satisfaction while meeting client needs, the depth of our expertise delivered through our specialty Centers of Excellence, and our results—accelerated through analytically driven work flows enabled through leading-edge technology. Parallon also has deep industry knowledge and proven practices in technology, workforce solutions, consulting, group purchasing and supply chain.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.