Part Time Medicaid Eligibility Advisor
Sorry, this job has expired.
Are you competitive with a drive to succeed? Do you have strong customer relations skills? Then join Parallon® 's motivated individuals working to resolve patient accounts for hospitals.
We are now hiring a Medicaid Eligibility Benefits Advisor to work part-time.
As a Benefits Advisor you will be responsible for conducting eligibility screenings, assessment of patient financial requirements, and counseling patients on insurance benefits and co-payments. You will also serve as a liaison between the patient, hospital, and governmental agencies and be actively involved in all areas of case management.
• College degree preferred or high school diploma (equivalent)
• Minimum 3 years of hospital/medical business office experience with insurance procedures and patient interaction.
• Working knowledge of medical terminology, practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines.
• An understanding of patient confidentiality to protect the patient and the clinic/corporation.
• Strong familiarity with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures.
• Screen and evaluate patients for existing insurance coverage, federal and state assistance programs, or hospital charity application.
• Re-verify benefits and obtain authorization and/or referral after treatment plan has been discussed, prior to initiation of treatment.
• Ensure appropriate signatures are obtained on all necessary forms.
• Obtain legally relevant medical evidence, physician statements, and all other documentation required for eligibility determination.
• Complete and file applications. Initiate and maintain proper follow-up with the patient and government agency caseworkers to ensure timely processing and completion of all mandated applications and accompanying documentation.
• Ensure all insurance, demographic and eligibility information is obtained and entered into the system accurately. Document progress notes to the patient's file and the hospital computer system.
• Participate in ongoing, comprehensive training programs as required.
• Follow policies and procedures to contribute to the efficiency of the office. Cover and assist with other office functions as requested.
• Demonstrated communication, problem solving and case management skills and ability to act/decide accordingly.
• Ability to collect, synthesize and research complex or diverse information.
• Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to plan organize and exercise sound judgment.
If you have a disability and require assistance completing the online application, please contact the Human Resources Department of the facility to which you are applying.
Parallon is one of the healthcare industry's leading providers of business and operational services. We are uniquely equipped to provide a broad spectrum of customized services in the areas of revenue cycle, purchasing, supply chain, technology, workforce management, and consulting. Parallon is committed to supporting healthcare providers, improving the health and well-being of their communities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.