Medical Records Specialist
Sorry, this job has expired.
Parallon is now hiring a Medical Records Specialist.
Parallon is one of the healthcare industry's leading providers of business and operational services. We are uniquely equipped to provide a broad spectrum of customized services in the areas of revenue cycle, purchasing, supply chain, technology, workforce management, and consulting. Parallon is committed to supporting healthcare providers, improving the health and well-being of their communities.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Associate's degree, some college or technical school preferred.
• 1 year experience in medical records and/or hospital billing.
• Must have an understanding/knowledge of medical coding or terminology.
• Thorough knowledge of HIPAA and a familiarity with Workers Compensation and/or Motor Vehicle insurance regulations or state law very helpful.
• Understanding or experience with medical billing procedures.
• Retrieve, review, and redact medical records pertaining to Workman’s Compensation and Motor Vehicle Accident claims.
• Follow HIPAA, insurance, and legal guidelines to ensure medical record requirements are met.
• Prepare bill package for printing and mailings medical claims for payer’s and clients.
• Obtain medical records for processing, using Group Point, Hospital electronic medical records systems or paper copies.
• Analyze and review medical records for sensitive information that may require special authorizations for release. This involves page-by-page review.
• Redact information that does not pertain to that particular visit in order to meet the minimum necessary standards.
• Verify that valid authorizations are on file when needed
Reviewing FACS system and the UB04 and/or HCFA has all information needed by the insurance company for the timely processing of payment.
• Process medical records and update the FACS system with status changes.
• Review step taken by claim representative.
• Prepare medical records for billing by pulling in the appropriate bills and any other correspondence needed.
• Print and mail paper claims where necessary.
• Scan medical records to the correct FACS accounts and update status in FACS.
• Process requests for medical records in a variety of ways: print directly from the client systems, create and distribute spreadsheets to clients, print bills and spreadsheets, and mail to medical records liaison on staff.
• Create weekly and/or monthly reports on all outstanding medical records request to perform follow up with clients, liaisons, etc.
• Ability to learn a variety of different computer systems and applications, good communication skills.
• Ability to concentrate and focus for extended periods of time.
• Ability to sit, bend, and reach.
• General computer and typing skills.
• Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
• Extremely strong attention to minute detail.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.