Medicaid Eligibility Advocate
Paid personal time, 401K / Retirement plan, Disability Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Health Insurance
Do you have exceptional customer service and the ability to plan organize and exercise sound judgment? Do you have demonstrated communication, problem solving and case management skills and the ability to act/decide accordingly? Then Parallon has an opportunity for you!
We are now seeking a full-time Medicaid Eligibility Advocate.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe deeply in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits package allows you to select the options that best meet the needs of you and your family. Benefits include:
• Paid time off
• Medical, Dental Insurance
• flex spending
• Life Insurance
• Disability Insurance
• Tuition reimbursement
• Employee discount program
• Employee stock purchase program
• Student loan repayment
• High school diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred.
• Minimum 3 years of hospital/medical business office experience with insurance procedures and patient interaction.
• Must have a steady work knowledge of medical terminology, practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines.
• Must share a passion for our purpose, "To serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their community."
• Understanding of patient confidentiality to protect the patient and the clinic/corporation.
• Assist patients with their Medicaid Eligibility screening and enrollment.
• Conduct eligibility screenings, assessment of patient financial requirements, and counsel patients on insurance benefits and co-payments.
• Serve as a liaison between the patient, hospital, and governmental agencies. You will be actively involved in all areas of case management.
• Screen and evaluate patients for existing insurance coverage, federal and state assistance programs, or hospital charity application.
• Re-verify benefits and obtains authorization and/or referral after treatment plan has been discussed, prior to initiation of treatment.
• Ensure appropriate signatures are obtained on all necessary forms.
• Obtain legal relevant medical evidence, physician statements and all other documentation required for eligibility determination, and complete and file applications.
• Initiate and maintain proper follow-up with the patient and government agency caseworkers to ensure timely processing and completion of all mandated applications and accompanying documentation.
• Document progress notes to the patient's file and the hospital computer system.
• Participate in ongoing, comprehensive training programs as required.
• Make field visits as necessary.
• Ability to collect, synthesize and research complex or diverse information.
Click "Apply now" to apply online or via e-mail with your resume attached.
Parallon believes that organizations that continuously learn and improve will thrive. That’s why after more than a decade we remain dedicated to helping hospitals and hospital systems operate knowledgeably, intelligently, effectively and efficiently in the rapidly evolving healthcare marketplace, today and in the future. As one of the healthcare industry’s leading providers of business and operational services, Parallon is uniquely equipped to provide a broad spectrum of customized revenue cycle services.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.