Sorry, this job has expired.
Parallon is now hiring a Client Representative.
As a Client Representative you will process medical insurance accounts to address claim issues and to affect payment and/or bringing them to resolution. You will also research claim status with carriers via various portals to reach resolution and payment of claims.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in Medical Billing/Follow-up for a facility, medical clinic, or doctor’s office and experience with Microsoft Office suite and standard office equipment.
• Experience on resume with the following systems helpful, but not required: GE practice management systems IDX, NextGen, Centricity, TES/ETM webflow experience; E-Clinical; Next Gen PM system; EPIC, Tiger and Emdeon.
• Experience with anesthesiology helpful, but not required.
• Knowledge of medical and insurance terminology (such as procedure codes, diagnoses, and patient liability), and full understanding of hospital/physician billing.
• Ability to read and understand EOB statements.
• Understanding of co-pay, co-insurance, primary and secondary payer in regards to medical insurance coverage, paper and electronic claims processing.
• Status account and document all work performed in the company and client computer systems.
• Assess accounts to determine the next appropriate course of action in line with company policies and procedures.
• Place outbound calls to insurance companies, guarantors, patients, doctors’ offices and/or facilities and handle incoming calls as necessary utilizing proper customer service protocol.
• Process related correspondence from insurance companies and perform pertinent follow-up.
• Reconcile balances and payments between insurance companies and clients computer systems.
• Escalate issues to Team Lead or Manager as necessary.
• Adhere to and support organizational IT&S standards, policies, and procedures.
• Adhere to Code of Conduct.
• Ability to lift papers or boxes up to 20 pounds occasionally.
• Ability to deal with angry or upset people.
• Must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
Parallon is one of the healthcare industry's leading providers of business and operational services. We are uniquely equipped to provide a broad spectrum of customized services in the areas of revenue cycle, purchasing, supply chain, technology, workforce management, and consulting. Parallon is committed to supporting healthcare providers, improving the health and well-being of their communities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.