Bad Debt Collections Unit Manager
Saint Louis, MO
Are you competitive with a drive to succeed? Do you have strong customer relations skills? Then join Parallon® 's motivated individuals working to resolve patient accounts for hospitals.
We are now hiring a Manager for our Bad Debt Collections Unit.
As the Unit Manager you will be responsible for directing and coordinating collections activities within your assigned department, ensuring external client satisfaction. You will coordinate, manage, and facilitate the workload, assignments, tasks, and projects recognizing production goals.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent or a combination of a high school diploma or equivalent plus advanced relevant formal training.
• Minimum 4-6 years experience in collections, customer service or equivalent with progressive responsibilities.
• At least 2 years previous supervisory experience or leadership in a similar capacity.
• Experience with standard office software products a must.
• Working knowledge of collections.
• Ability to meet production goals through subordinates.
• Maintain an adequately trained collection staff to handle current production goals within department.
• Monitor and ensure production goals and quality of work are being achieved by the staff.
• Provide coaching and development through informal observation and formal monitoring, including monitoring telephone calls, voice and emails, and conducting side-by-sides.
• Provide performance feedback to staff members.
• Complete and maintain required documentation regarding performance and training/development.
• Maintain an inventory of problem accounts that have been escalated up by the Lead Supervisors and make follow-up calls or provide other resolution action as needed.
• Provide assistance to staff on individual account issues.
• Prepare daily and weekly reports as needed.
• Monitor and manage the dialer to perform at optimum levels.
• Ensure weekly Rap sessions with staff members occur. Meet with Team Lead to review and address issues surfaced.
• Maintain and monitor scheduling for all staff members which includes time off and overtime issues. Approve employee time records.
• Able to demonstrate leadership.
• Analytical and problem solving skills, plus the ability to act/decide accordingly.
• Ability to communicate at all levels both internally and externally with clients.
• Ability to collect, create and research complex or diverse information.
• Exceptional customer service skills.
• Ability to plan, organize, and exercise sound judgment.
Parallon is one of the healthcare industry's leading providers of business and operational services. We are uniquely equipped to provide a broad spectrum of customized services in the areas of revenue cycle, purchasing, supply chain, technology, workforce management, and consulting. Parallon is committed to supporting healthcare providers, improving the health and well-being of their communities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.